dimarts, 23 de març del 2010

The benefits of being drunk

First, I don't want anybody to be offended by this post. I am not promoting alcoholism or anything like that, but for the second time in a few days I stayed sober while everybody else was drunk, and that was a bad idea.

Why? It's not only that you have to put up with the drunkard chat of everybody else while sober --it's not only that. The point is that when you're sober, you're a good person. When you're drunk, you're selfish. And when you're a good person and everybody else is selfish --well, that's not good for you.

When I am drunk --as everybody else is-- I have no qualms about leaving whenever I want, with my selfish thinking to the full, no matter who I am with, no matter where. 'Cause when I feel like leaving, it's for a reason, and I'd better leave, so I do, and that's all. Kind of. Yeah.

But on Friday, I didn't. I had been drinking all the afternoon --we had one of those long Spanish lunches-- so I stopped drinking in the evening. I then went with some other friends who were drinking at that time, so at some point I decided to go home and leave them go on with the party --that was enough for the day... Then the story gets far more complicated, but the point is that for three or four times that night I was positive I was leaving --but finally felt compelled to share my friends' miseries. Kind of. Yeah. So I was the last one to get to bed. Alone and sober, of course. And very tired. And it had all been really expensive.

The morning after I was still wondering why I had stayed, and after considering the fact that I may be a saint for being such a good friend, I realized that indeed, had I been drunk, I would have left --maybe I would have stayed, but that's another story... Actually, on Friday there was a lot of bad luck involved too... Still, I stayed because I felt I had to, my decision to stay was more like an act of sacrifice than of will --it was terrible!

Moreover, the next day, some of my friends didn't even remember what happened the night before...

And today --it happened again! I am not getting into details either this time, but it's a completely different situation --still same plot and main character, ME! Again, some bad luck... or whatever... Again, I wonder why. Again, same conclusion. Had I been drunk, I would have been home far before I did --and for what? I didn't really enjoyed being there... I wasn't even drinking! Well that was a joke...

Anyway...

I haven't been going out very much lately...

Pity this happens...

Dreaming of Seattle...

Be there soon...

To sum up, as Baudelaire put it: LET'S GET DRUNK!

5 comentaris:

  1. It's the same feeling, I guess, you get when everyone else is stoned and you're not. The difference is, in the second case, everybody becomes slightly (or a lot) retarded, so probably makes it worse, because you not only feel responsible for them but they laugh at you for caring and you feel like strangling them. More or less. Thanks god that kind of experience has been left behind for a loooong time. Have a nice time in Seattle. I know you will.

    ResponElimina
  2. sorry for being stoned when you weren't! :P

    ResponElimina
  3. That was not about you! I was recalling veeery old times (which I really do not miss).
    You can be stoned and drunk around me every time you want! LOL.
    Looks like I'm going back to the meat processing business :( (Crap!).

    ResponElimina
  4. ja m'agradaria estar drunk, però la ressaca és fatal... o pitjor que la ressaca el no poder dormir bé la mateixa nit.. no ho puc sofrir

    ResponElimina