dilluns, 18 de gener del 2010

Bad beer, good music and tones of cigarettes

At last. That's my BCN: bad beer, good live music and lots of cigarettes! I was missing it so much, only I didn't realize it until I had it.

I went to see a Brazilian bossa-nova concert by Luna Cohen Quintet, 'cause three of the five happened to be my friends. Have lots of friends who are jazz musicians --too many, I would say... Bad beer and cigarettes were everywhere, but we didn't really like the venue, so after that we went to a jazz jam session that is held every Monday at the Limerick Pub. More friends there. Awesome music. Bad beer and cigarettes --again.

And that's my life in BCN. There's always a gig to go to, there's always bad beer and a foggy ambiance at the venue, there's always a friend who is playing here or there... I'm glad I found my BCN again! I really like it!

Today I went downtown for some shopping and came back home walking, as I always do... It could have been a 'painful' experience --downtown BCN is crazy!-- but since I knew exactly what I needed and where to go, I could avoid the crowd. So on my way back home I had another cheerful sight: there's an open-air exhibit of Rodin's sculptures in Rambla Catalunya! I love it. I love street art, and I love when art hits the streets --which is not always the same thing. Rambla Catalunya is a boulevard parallel to Passeig de Gràcia, which are two posh streets with architectural interest in BCN --do not mistake with the famous Ramblas! Actually, 'rambla' means 'boulevard', so... Anyway, 'The thinker' was there! Awesome! BEAUTIFUL! Along with some other sculptures! I just loved it!

It seems I'm making it up with my city... it was about time...

Wanna hear my friends playing?
www.myspace.com/colectivodeimos
www.myspace.com/mysticflugelhornband
www.myspace.com/miguelfernandezmusic
www.myspace.com/joelmcmusic

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada